Lunch is on us! Join us on April 20th to take a deeper look into the new updates and features from the 2021 R1 release. All attendees will receive a $35 Grubhub voucher to enjoy lunch during the overview.
Acumatica 2021 R1 provides functionality improvements that can help you and your business compete in a market that has been overhauled by digital transformations and the pandemic.
The lunch and learn will provide a high-level review of the new Acumatica release updates and improvements, which are all based on our users’ feedback. Who better to direct Acumatica than the people who use our cloud-based ERP solution to run their businesses successfully every day?
With the changes brought by the digital economy and those wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses have to reassess their game plans. Acumatica CEO Jon Roskill, in an Acumatica 2020 R2 press release, says that their reassessment should include digital transformation.
“With so many businesses operating from remote locations and home offices now, it’s more important than ever to have a single source of business truth that is accessible to anyone, anytime, from anywhere, which can also integrate easily with mission-critical applications such as Shopify or new requirements such as videoconferencing or group chat.”
Acumatica went above and beyond this release to make sure businesses can adapt seamlessly to the new work-from-home environment. These updates include:
- Streamline cross-company sales with stock items and automatically create corresponding purchase orders and sales orders
- Maximize product offerings to your target market through enhanced dropship workflows
- Reduce collections by gathering commerce order risk data
- Increase control through granular sync options with custom commerce fields
- Access product lifecycle management capabilities through Arena integration
- Make accurate delivery commitments to customers through APS capable-to-promise capabilities
- Simplify cost tracking by linking AP bills to field service appointments
- Boost customer responsiveness by simplifying field service invoice correction